May 23, 2011

Kahlua Blondies


Oh my gosh, is there anything better than an ooey, gooey blondie fresh from the oven?  How about a drunken blondie!  No, no, I’m not referring to the latest LiLo scandal.  The brownie’s lighter, sweeter cousin, the blondie, is my favorite cookie bar -- the perfect marriage between a chocolate chip cookie and a brownie.  Jazzing it up with the kiss of Kahlua adds a wonderfully subtle sweetness and meshes well with the chocolate chunks.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it.  Excuse me while I get another piece…

Kahlua Blondies

8 Tbs (1/2 cup) butter, melted
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbs Kahlua
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan and set aside.  In a large bowl mix the melted butter and brown sugar until well combined.  Add the egg, vanilla and Kahlua; mix well.  Add the flour and salt; stir to combine.  Pour into the greased baking pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.  Slice into bars, serve with a tall glass of cold milk and enjoy!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...